All Ivy Week Schedule
February 21 – 22: Graduate Program Information Sessions
The All Ivy partners will hold virtual graduate program information sessions for students wishing to explore graduate school opportunities. Schedule will be posted here closer to the event.
- Yale University: February 21: 10 AM EST
- The Yale School of the Environment aspires to lead the world toward a sustainable future with cutting-edge research, teaching, and public engagement on society’s evolving and urgent environmental challenges. YSE grants the following degrees: Master of Environmental Management, Master of Environmental Science, Master of Forestry, Master of Forest Science. Numerous Joint-Degree options are available with other Yale Schools (such as the School of Management, Law School, School of Engineering, Divinity School), as well as with Pace Law and Vermont Law Schools, and Tsinghua University. A Ph.D. program, officially administered by the Yale Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, is offered at YSE.
- Columbia University: February 21: 1:00 PM EST
- We offer an unparalleled selection of sustainability programs at the graduate level, which combine the expertise of leading researchers and faculty in the fields of environmental policy, sustainability management, and climate change with the resources of Columbia University.
Columbia University in the City of New York offers the world’s foremost master’s degree programs in applied sustainability studies. The Master of Science in Sustainability Management and the Master of Science in Sustainability Science provide students with the practical knowledge and training to become leaders in this rapidly growing area. Courses in both programs are taught by the world’s premier sustainability academics and researchers, along with leading sustainability practitioners in New York City.
- Princeton University: February 22: 12:00 PM EST
- The Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy (STEP) Program at the School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University encourages graduate students to acquire a sophisticated understanding of key issues at the intersection of scientific research, practitioner experience, and policy. STEP serves as an umbrella for Princeton graduate students across the university interested in environmental and energy policy.
A Master’s Certificate for MPA/MPP students, the PhD in Public Affairs STEP cluster, and the Doctoral Certificate (which allows doctoral students in other Princeton departments to add a policy component to their environmental studies), comprise the STEP academic program.
- Brown University: February 22: 2:00 PM EST
- The Master of Public Affairs (MPA) at Brown University is a rigorous, one-year program that prepares students to be public policy leaders, analysts and advocates in government, politics, and the nonprofit, and private sectors, both in the U.S. and abroad. At a time of heightened concern about economic development, poverty, social equity, education, security, and the environment, our MPA students develop the necessary problem-solving, quantitative, communication, and managerial skills to develop effective, evidence-based solutions and make an impact on real-world challenges.
- University of Pennsylvania: February 23: 1:00 PM EST
- You probably have heard this question a million times from parents, well-meaning relatives, professors, and even other students. Are you going directly into the workforce, considering a masters degree or even a PhD? Completely confused? We will discuss the options available to you in the environmental and sustainability fields. We will cover types of positions in the environmental/sustainability fields, the benefits and pitfalls to continuing your education, and what to look for in a graduate program based on your personal goals and interests.
February 23 – 24: Panels
In the days leading up to the Fair, there will be two virtual breakout sessions on professional topics of interest. Each session will feature a panel of professionals working on these topics who will discuss their background, career path and insights on how to break into the field.
- Environmental Consulting: February 23rd at 5:00 pm EST
- Panelists Include:
- Zeyu Hu, ICF
- Nancy Guevara, TRC Companies
- Christine Ventura, ARCOM-Americas
- Sandy Hull, E3
- Joe Indvik, ReTech Advisors
- Clean Tech: February 24th at 5:00 pm EST
- Panelists Include:
- Nate Blouin, Interwest Energy Alliance
- Stina Brock, Proterra
- Dimitris Vantzis, Con Edison
- Abhisheik Dhawan, United Nations
February 25: All Ivy Career Fair
Representatives from public agencies, consulting firms, nonprofit organizations, and corporations participate in the Fair to discuss careers, internships, full-time positions and graduate opportunities in a variety of fields. The Fair will take place from 10AM -3pm ET.